Werner Faymann – Federal Chancellor of Austria
On 16th December 2013 Werner Faymann was sworn in by Federal President Heinz Fischer as Federal Chancellor of Austria for the second time.
Werner Faymann was born on 4th May 1960 in Vienna (Austria). He is married and has two children.
- 1985 – 1988: Consultant at the Zentralsparkasse,
- 1988: Director and provincial chairman of the Viennese Tenants Counselling.
- 1985 – 1994: Provincial chairman of Socialist Youth Vienna (Sozialistische Jugend Wien),
- 1994 – 2007: Member of the Viennese state parliament and municipal council; Executive City Councillor for Housing, Housing Construction and Urban Renewal; President of the Viennese Fund for Provision of Property and Urban Renewal (Wiener Bodenbereitstellungs- und Stadterneuerungsfonds, WBSF) and Vice President of the Viennese Business Agency (Wiener Wirtschaftsförderungsfonds, WWFF).
- 2007 – 2nd December 2008: Federal Minister for Transport, Innovation and Technology (Bundesministerium für Verkehr, Innovation und Technologie, BMVIT)
- Since June 2008: Chairman of the Social Democratic Party of Austria (SPÖ)
- Since 2nd December 2008: Federal Chancellor of Austria