Charles Michel – Prime Minister of Belgium
Charles Michel was born in Namur on 21 December 1975.
He is Belgium’s new Prime Minister since 11 October 2014.
- Law degree from the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) and the University of Amsterdam (1998)
- Member (1991), then chairman (1992-1999), of the Jodoigne Young Liberals
- Member of the Walloon Brabant provincial council (1994-1999)
- Vice-chairman of the Walloon Brabant provincial council (1995-1999)
- Lawyer at the Brussels Bar since 1998
- Member of the federal parliament since June 1999
- Walloon Minister for Interior Affairs and Civil Service (October 2000-July 2004)
- Alderman responsible for municipal companies and town planning, Wavre (July 2004-November 2006)
- MR spokesman (2004-2011)
- Mayor of Wavre since 1 December 2006
- Federal Minister for Development Cooperation (December 2007-February 2011)
- Leader of Mouvement Réformateur (MR – Reformist Movement) since 14 February 2011 until 11 October 2014
- Informateur (27 June 2014), then co-formateur (with Kris Peeters) of the federal government (22 July-11 October 2014)