Dr. Abdul Rahman bin Abdullah Al-Zamil, Ph.D.
Abdul Rahman Al-Zamil is President of the Council of Saudi Chambers. Al-Zamil replaced Abdullah Al-Mobty in May 2014.
Served as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of National Chemical Carriers Ltd. Co. Dr. bin Abdullah Al-Zamil was appointed Deputy Governor of Electricity in 1977, and then served as Deputy Minister of Commerce in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from 1980 to 1996. He has represented the Government of Saudi Arabia and headed many delegations to various international conferences and events on industry and development.
He started his distinguished career in 1973 as Assistant Professor at King Fahad University of Petroleum and Minerals in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. Dr. bin Abdullah Al-Zamil received his BA in Law from Cairo University and his PhD in International Relations from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Member of the Al Shoura Consultative Council.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors at Zamil Group Family Board.
- Chairman of the Board of the Saudi Export Development Center, the Central Asia Investment Company, the National Energy Company and the National Chemicals Transport Company.
- Chairman and Director of Zamil Industrial Investment Company since 1998.
- Served as the Chairman of Zamil Group Holding Company.
- Independent Director for Saudi International Petrochemical Company and Sahara Petrochemical Company.
- Member of Advisory Board at Gulf Capital Pvt. JSC and focuses on industry and manufacturing.
- Director of National Petrochemical Industrial Company.
- Member of the Committee of the Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF) and a Board Member of the Islamic Corporation for the Insurance of Investments and Export Credit (ICIEC).
- Served as an Independent Non-Executive Director of The National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia.
- Served as a Board Member of The Saudi Industrial Development Fund, The Saudi Gas Company, The Saudi Ports Authority, The Saudi Public Transport Company and The General organization for Technical Education and Vocational Training.
- Board Member of the Ministry of Labor Consultative Committee.