Prince Turki is Chairman of the King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies and is one of the founders of the King Faisal Foundation. He served as the Ambassador of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the United States of America from September 13, 2005 until February 2, 2007. He also serves as a member of the Boards of Trustees of the International Crisis Group and the Oxford Center for Islamic Studies and is co-chair of the C100 Group, which has been affiliated with the World Economic Forum since 2003. Prince Turki was appointed an Advisor in the Royal Court in 1973. From 1977 to 2001, he served as Director General of the General Intelligence Directorate (GID), the Kingdom’s main foreign intelligence service. In 2002, he was appointed Ambassador to the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland by then Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Fahd bin Abdulaziz.
Born on February 15, 1945 in Makkah, Saudi Arabia, Prince Turki began his schooling at the Taif Model Elementary and Intermediate School. In 1963, he graduated from the Lawrenceville School in Lawrenceville, New Jersey and subsequently pursued undergraduate studies at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C.
The King Faisal International Prizes, awarded by the King Faisal Foundation, are presented to “dedicated men and women whose contributions make a positive difference.” These annual prizes, which are awarded in five fields of endeavor – Service to Islam, Islamic Studies, Arabic Language and Literature, Science, and Medicine – have been likened, for the Arab and Islamic worlds, as similar in stature to, and nearly as coveted as, the more renowned and longer established annual Nobel Prizes. The King Faisal International Prizes, in addition to being bestowed upon Arabs and Muslims, have been granted to outstanding achievers from virtually all corners of the world.
For more information: www.kff.com
- Has Iran Changed? – Prince Turki Al-Faisal – SUSRIS – Jan 9, 2014
- Diplomacy and Romance: A Conversation with Prince Turki Al-Faisal – SUSRIS – Dec 16, 2013
- Prince Turki Al-Faisal at Berlin Forum (Video) – SUSRIS – Nov 26, 2014
- Exclusive | Our Interview with Prince Turki Al-Faisal – SUSRIS Interview – Oct 25, 2013
- AUSPC2013 | Exercising Its Role in World Affairs – Prince Turki Keynote – Oct 25, 2013
- Iran Then and Now: Between Ancient History and Islamic Identity – Prince Turki Al-Faisal – SUSRIS – Oct 17, 2013
- A Political Plan for a Weapons of Mass Destruction-Free Zone (WMDFZ) in the Middle East: Prince Turki Al-Faisal – SUSRIS – Jul 10, 2013
- How to Win the Middle East – Prince Turki al-Faisal – Jan 11, 2013
- Confronting Tremendous Challenges: Prince Turki al-Faisal – Sep 27, 2012
- US-Saudi Relations – Prince Turki AlFaisal – SUSRIS – May 8, 2009